Sunday, May 13, 2012

God Be With You Till We Meet Again

On Holy Saturday, the whole KMV family took a bus two hours away to Ernakulam (Cochin), for another performance of our Passion Recital. We performed at my supervisor Ann's church- a very large church- and it was wonderful to have her and her family there! The acoustics were excellent and the choir did even better this time around.



Abey Sir directs the Hallelujah Chorus
With Ann after the concert
The usual shenanigans on the bus ride home. KMV knows how to HAVE FUN! It's a party all the way back to Kottayam each time! They always play a game where someone sings a song, and you have 5 seconds to start singing a new song that begins with the letter the last song ended on. 
After the usual crazy and wonderful party bus ride home, we neared CMS College. As part of tradition, KMV sings hymns in Malayalam as we arrive, as we all give thanks to Him for a successful concert and sweet fellowship.
Abey Sir, sons Jithin and Vineeth, and his wife Ancy Miss.
Once back at CMS, we got off of the bus-it was my last time to see everyone. The impending goodbye left my limbs feeling like lead. Abey Sir asked them to stand in a circle and they sang to me the hymn, "God Be With You Till We Meet Again." I balled my eyes out. And thus began a week-long string of the hardest goodbyes I have ever had to say. Hours later, their song still echoed in my mind. I know that whenever I hear this hymn, I will immediately remember my dear friends from the Kottayam Mixed Voices.

Miss you already, Mixed Voices. I am so proud of you. God be with you till we meet again.

God be with you till we meet again,
By His counsels guide, uphold you,
With His sheep securely fold you,
God be with you till we meet again.


Till we meet, till we meet,
Till we meet at Jesus' feet;
Till we meet, till we meet,
God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment