Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waiting on the Lord

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
Dear friends,
Whew.
What a time this has been-a time of very intimate reliance on the Lord. Since I last posted, it feels like it's been a very long time. For those of you that don't know, I have struggled with anxiety issues in the past and though these have been dormant for a long time, they have surfaced here. Because my serotonin levels in my brain are absolutely all over the place right now, that means that I have had some rough days-not at all because of what is going on around me, but only because of what is going on inside my own mind. Because these chemicals are fluctuating, this means that my mood is all over the place and my sleeping is affected. This is a very hard place to be, because for those of you who haven't experienced anxiety issues, when the chemicals in your brain are shifting around it makes you feel really horrible sometimes. HOWEVER these are merely chemicals-not truth!- and God is ALWAYS good. I anticipate that soon we will have my anxiety and sleeping stabilized and I absolutely can't wait until we do!

So please be praying very hard for relief from anxiety, deep restful sleep, and wisdom from the doctors whose care I am under. This will not last long and is nothing abnormal-I did, after all, move across the world for a year!-and I am so excited to continue to see the Lord's hand at work in the life of my own mind and anticipate His healing touch! Please be praying for me right now as this is a difficult time. Your notes of encouragement and emails and comments right now are INCREDIBLY encouraging! I am so very thankful for each and every one of you!

Emotions and silly frustrating brain adjustment stuff aside, the Lord's hand has been ever present in my life and in my heart, spurring me on to forget my own discomfort and to walk more closely with Him. After all, anything I am suffering or struggling with is nothing, NOTHING compared to what He suffered for me. And so I press on, despite my own unreliable emotions, to serve Him and to rejoice in His mighty power which is so visible right now.

"I WILL exalt you, O Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths...O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent." Psalm 30: 1,2,11


No comments:

Post a Comment